Controversial documentary director Fredrik Gertten‘s latest film Bikes vs Cars is set to be released in select cinemas around North America this Friday. The film depicts a global crisis that we all deep down know we need to talk about: climate, earth’s resources, cities where the entire surface is being consumed by the car. The bike is a great tool for change, but the powerful interests who gain from the private car invest billions each year on lobbying and advertising to protect their business. In the film Fredrik introduces us to activists and thinkers who are fighting for better cities, who refuse to stop riding despite the increasing danger of riding in traffic.
More information about the movie is available at alivemindcinema.com/bikesvscars.
Openings starting Friday:
- Los Angeles @ Laemmle North Hollywood (NoHo 7)
- New York @ Cinema Village
- San Francisco @ The Roxie
- San Rafael, California @ San Rafael Film Center
- Seattle @ Grand Illusion Cinema
- Vancouver, Washington @ Kiggins Theatre
- Columbus, Ohio @ Gateway Film Center
- Albuquerque, New Mexico @ Guild Cinema
Opening Dec. 11: New Orleans @ Zeitgeist
Opening Dec. 18: Hartford, Connecticut @ Real Art Ways