The Kona Bicycle Company is seeking a full-time employee to manage European marketing operations as part of its global marketing department. This person must be a media relations master, a public speaker, a digital content producer, an avid and capable cyclist, an accomplished writer, an organized team worker, unafraid to dig in and get their hands dirty and travel to very cool locations to ride bikes and get the job done.
Duration: Full Time, Year-Round, 24/7/365
Compensation: Determined by experience and qualifications. We’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse.
1. Internal and external communications lead for Kona Europe
2. Media relations including managing all product reviews and more
3. Europe’s advertising campaign planning
4. Project management, production and direction
5. Event hosting, MC’ing, coordinating
6. Bike dealer marketing communications
7. Lots of meetings, planning, talking with opinionated North Americans and a team that is so spread out it’s ridiculous
Click here for the full job description, but don’t let it deter you, this is actually a dream job. You’ll work with riders, writers, marketers, professional videographers, the industry’s best photographers, award winning designers, coffee lovers and comedians.
Experience, Knowledge and Skillsets:
• Consumer, bicycle retailer and media relations
• Creative writing, storytelling, copy writing, blogging, social media, event hosting and public speaking
• Fluency or proficiency in French or Spanish or Italian or German languages is a preferred asset
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is a preferred asset
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work with tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven problem-solving ability and sound judgment
• Extensive knowledge of Mountain, Road, Gravel, Commuter, E-Bike and Cyclocross bicycles
• Experience in dealing with sensitive designers and “artsy types”
• Experience in the tactical deployment of irreverence and sarcasm
• A good sense of humor
If you’re interested please email your resume and sample work with subject “Kona Europe Marketing Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Kona, we’re all about the freedom and empowerment of the bicycle. We have been since 1988. We still have the same founding owners. We’re still populated by a staff of keen, active, impassioned cyclists. We’re not big, nor are we that small. Just a dedicated group of cyclists making bicycles for people who love bikes-no matter if that love is new or long established.