Sellwood Cycle Repair in Portland, Oregon has been a Kona dealer since the beginning of time. And as with all long-time Kona dealers, their passion for the brand has resulted in some neat collaborations along the years. Shop owner Erik Tonkin is the namesake behind our Tonk, a steel road bike offering great value and durability.
To celebrate the Honky Tonk’s 10th year, Sellwood is giving away a fresh bike to a lucky recipient by way of a photo contest. Whether you’ve gone far and wide and documented it, or simply rocked around your home town and have a great photo and the story to complement it, here’s your chance to win a brand new Kona. Read on below for contest details…
Sellwood Cycle Repair’s #10YearsOfTonk Contest!
Where have you gone on your Kona Honky Tonk? For the next two weeks we’ll be hosting a social media contest for folks to post photos of the great places a Honky Tonk has been. Here are the rules:
- Photos must be of a Honky Tonk bicycle (any model year) ideally somewhere cool/interesting. Be creative, have fun!
- Photos must be posted to either Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook and tagged with both @SellwoodCycle and the hashtag #10YearsOfTonk.
- They do not have to be recent photos (maybe you took a trip somewhere cool a few years back), but they do need to be posted between now and the contest deadline.
- Photos must be posted no later than midnight PST on Midnight, Tuesday, November 15th!
- Entries limited to Canada and US only.
- The Grand Prize 2016 Kona Honky Tonk will be limited to sizes on-hand. There is a full size run as of this writing.
- We will cover shipping charges up to $75 for the grand prize, and $30 for the runner up prizes. Taxes and Duties not included.
- Photos will judged on creativity, artistic merit/radness, and originality.
- Winning entries will be posted to Sellwood’s social media channels the following Saturday, November 19th!
- No purchase necessary, post as many different photos as you’d like!
For the longer story on the history of the Tonk, head over to Sellwood’s blog. And get posting your photos – you won’t win if you don’t enter!