The Kona Ride Online allows you to purchase Kona bikes from the comfort of your home and have them delivered to your local Kona dealer for assembly. As of January 2017, the Kona Ride Online is officially up and running throughout North America, with separate sites for Kona Ride Online USA and Kona Ride Online Canada.
With Kona Ride Online, you can browse and compare in-stock Kona bikes, purchase your bike directly online, and choose which Kona dealer you’d like to work with to get your bike set up. Our sizing page will help determine what bike size is right for you based on your measurements, and includes a form to fill out if you need help.
Questions about the differences between models may be answered using the Kona Ride Online comparison tool. Of course, at any time during the sizing and selection process, you’re welcome to contact Kona Ride Online personnel for assistance.
The Process of Kona Ride Online
- When you confirm your order, you’ll receive an email confirmation from Kona that your order has been received and the bike is available to ship to the Kona dealer of your choice. Shipping, assembly and handling are included, except for bicycles priced under $1000, which have an additional $50 freight charge.
- In some cases, your Kona dealer will have the correct bike, size and color in stock and will be able to prepare your bike for pick up within 2 business days. Otherwise, the bike will be shipped within 2 business days of receiving your order by ground freight. Delivery by ground freight to the Kona dealer of your choice typically takes 2-5 business days.
- Once they receive it, the Kona dealer will professionally assemble the bike for pickup within 2 business days. Throughout this process, Kona Ride Online staff will be in touch with you to keep you informed of the progress of the shipment and assembly. Your Kona dealer will also be in touch with you in case you wish to add any accessories or make any modifications to your Kona bike.
- When you pick up your Kona bike, your Kona dealer will inform you about safely operating and maintaining the bicycle before you head off on your first ride. Please remember to collect the owner’s manual and touch-up paint and to register your warranty online. You can extend the warranty of the frame for the lifetime of the original owner if you register within 3 months of purchasing the bike.
- Bikes will be shipped from Ferndale, WA for US customers and from Vancouver, BC for Canadian customers. Airfreight and home delivery options aren’t available at this time. The sales tax applicable to the state or province where you pick up your Kona will be added to the total purchase price.
- Please be certain of your final purchasing decision, as there’s a 20% re-stocking fee to cover the cost of re-packing and returning the bike to Kona. This decision must be made before riding the bike as we only accept returns in a pristine, unridden condition.
A Note About Availability
Kona Ride Online shows available stock in our warehouse, not stock from your local bike shop. This means your local Kona dealer may actually have the bike you’re looking for in stock. If there’s a Kona bike you’d like to buy and you don’t see it available on Kona Ride Online, don’t forget to check with your local dealer.