Last Sunday started the DH1 Belgium, launched by Freecaster.tv. The serie will host 5 events which all will be broadcast on belgian national television. Chaudfontaine was the first race scheduled for 2013. A short track but very steep, technical and spectacular, especially with the mud. All riders can ride two qualification runs on Sunday before a superfinal that gathers the 30 best bikers.
Gregoire Pazdziorko and Kristof Lenssens always feel confident on technical tracks. Both riders were flying all week-end. Kristof placed 3rd and 2nd of the qualis while Gregoire already placed 1st in the junior category. But Gregoire was expecting something more and took confortably place in the hot seat waiting for the last elite riders to come down. Riding a 1m10 track is not so easy but Kristof Lenssens was on fire during the final. He made the perfect run…. until the last turn where he made a big mistake which cost him a podium place and maybe the 1st place ! He ended 6th overall while Gregoire confirmed his position in the junior category with a good 3rd place overall !!
DH1 Chaudftontaine, 26-27 may 2013:
1. Nico Vink (Bel-Combee Scott) – 1° Elite – 1′ 10″ 53
2. Andreas Sieber (Ger-Radon Factory DH Team) – 1’10″84
3. Grégoire Pazdziorko (Bel-Team Barracuda) 1° Junior – 1’11″06 4. Wyn Masters (N-Z-Team Bulls MTBRider) – 1’11″76
5. Sean MC Caroll (Aus) – 1’11″96
6. Kristoff Lenssens (Bel-Team Barracuda) – 1’13″12