The Kona Bike Shop is our flagship store and is located in beautiful Bellingham, Washington. The KBS acts as our showroom, demo center, events hub, and is a staple in the local cycling community. The KBS is looking to expand its staff and is currently hiring for a shop service manager.
“We are looking for an experienced mechanic who is organized and detail oriented. Qualified candidates will be passionate about building long-lasting customer relationships, supporting a team of mechanics, and keeping a growth mindset. Responsibilities will include:
- hiring, scheduling, and providing feedback/reviews for employees
- establishing systems and procedures to ensure quality and efficiency in work
- monitoring inventory and ordering accordingly
- completing repair work with a high standard of quality.
- Collaborating with the Sales Manager to set and exceed goals, both financial and otherwise, for the shop.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Team oriented, community focused, and value driven.
- Experience working as a professional bike mechanic.
- Leadership skills: delegating roles and supporting a team. Able and willing to provide on-the-job training when applicable. Strong written and verbal communication. A growth mindset. Team player.
- Demonstrated record of establishing and maintaining successful systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in modern and prior bicycle technology and service.
- Confident in full suspension service, wheel building, custom bike builds, e-bike systems of all kinds, and Di2/electronic components.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
Benefits include: Medical/vison/dental insurance (partial employer paid), PTO, industry discounts, and 401k plan (unmatched)
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org“