Kona Bicycles is creating a new position for an Internal Purchasing Coordinator. Candidates for this position should have a good understanding of bicycle parts and suppliers. The position will primarily focus on supply chain management, forecasting and order management. We are accepting all candidates who feel that they fit the below criteria. The position will be based out of our Ferndale, WA office.
Key Candidate Attributes
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Experience working with 3rd party manufacturers overseas.
– Thorough understanding of Excel and other Microsoft Office products
– Experience working with multiple internal departments to resolve issues or implement new procedures.
– Thorough understanding of bicycle parts, terminology and their usage on a complete bicycle.
– Willingness to learn through experience and develop new systems to manage and share information.
– Attention to detail and ability to articulate details.
Job Duty Description
– Coordinate directly with suppliers to provide information regarding supply chain developments to product managers, sales managers and purchasers.
– Provide quarterly rolling forecasts to suppliers with clear and accurate information.
– Maintain clear channels of communication with assemblers and suppliers.
– Candidate may be asked to travel for work. This may include international travel.
– Candidate should hold a passport in good standing.
Hours / Compensation
– 40hrs / week
– Schedule will require working evenings on certain days to communicate with partners in different time zones.
– Compensation – $45k-50k depending on experience
Why Work For Kona?
Kona has been making bikes built for adventure since 1988. We live and breathe all kinds of bikes from mountain bikes to gravel bikes, kids bikes to electric bikes, and all kinds of unique bikes in between. We build products for every type of cyclist. We believe in fostering a healthy work/life balance and understand that sometimes, you just have to go for a ride. We offer a competitive vacation, salary and benefits package, lots of very pettable dogs at our headquarters.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to jobs AT Konaworld dot com